Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Holy Name of Mary, Our Lady of Perpetual Help

 Today is the feast of the Holy Name of Mary. Here is a lovely little prayer to honor our Blessed Mother and her Holy name today. Happy feast day everyone!

O Mother of Perpetual Help, 
grant that I may ever invoke Thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying. 
O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let Thy name henceforth be ever on my lips. 
Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on Thee, for, in all my needs, in all my temptations I shall never cease to call on Thee, ever repeating Thy sacred name, Mary, Mary. 
O what consolation, what sweetness, what confidence, what emotion fill my soul when I pronounce Thy sacred name, or even only think of Thee. 
I thank God for having given Thee, for my good, so sweet, so powerful, so lovely a name.  But I will not be content with merely pronouncing Thy name: let my love for Thee prompt me ever to hail Thee, Mother of Perpetual Help.

~Recite Nine Hail Mary's.~


No comments:

Post a Comment