Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weeding And Bad Habits



Out in the garden a short time ago, I noticed the little weeds that had been growing and decided it was time to pull them out before they grew any bigger. After pulling a few here and there, I realized that there were much more weeds than I thought there were and it was so much more work to get down in the dirt to pull them out than expected. I could've pulled most of them out a lot earlier and had a much easier time of weeding had I stayed on top of it. But I didn't. :( While I was paying the price of procrastinating, it struck me at how my bad habits are very much like weeds. If I don't stay on top of them and try to pluck them out as soon as they arise, they stick around and I get too comfortable with them. You could say they start to grow on me. Then it's much harder to get rid of them and I have to really, really work at putting an end to my bad habit. If only I stopped all my bad habits in their tracks, it would be so much better for me. That's not to say it would be a walk in the park, it's still work to do the right thing, it's just less than if you let your bad habits stick around and get out of control.

I pray to our Blessed Mother, Mary, that we may overcome all our bad habits with the help of her prayers and the Grace of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment