Tuesday, August 14, 2012

St. Maximilian Kolbe

A new prayer card for a great Saint.The M.I. is what he would sign after his name and it stands for "Soldier of Mary Immaculate".
Patron Saint of prisoners, drug addicts, families and journalists


Today,  August 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2012, is the feast day of Saint Maximilian Kolbe.
I read his story recently (St. Maximilian Kolbe, A Man For Others) and was really moved by this dear Saint. He was a Franciscan priest and did amazing and wonderful things. He also did many ordinary things with great love and patience. He loved our Mother, Mary and did all things through her. He called Mary his "little Mother". He spread the love of God, devotion to Mary and the church's teachings through a magazine publications using printing presses, which was cutting edge technology then in the early 1900's. He gave much and asked for little. He was very smart and knew different languages. He trusted himself entirely to our Mother's care and protection and she never let him down. She was with him till the end when he gave his life for another man in a Auschwitz concentration camp in 1941.
Thank you God, for this good and holy Saint.
Little Mother, please help us to walk closely in his footsteps that they may guide us closer to Heaven.
St. Maximilian Kolbe, pray for us!

Here are two prayers I am going to use for his prayer card:

St. Maximilian Kolbe, so patient and full of love for God and our “little Mother” Mary.  Intercede for me that I too, may love without limits and do good to all men. Upon my knees I pray that I may follow your good example, always trusting completely in God, through Mary, who will certainly lead me safely through all difficulties. Help me, good saint, at all times to see the    loving hand of God at work in my life, to answer all things with prayer, and to suffer  every hardship, great of small, willingly for God with patience and love. That I may be a light in the darkness of life.
Amen.
Feast day: August 14th
Patron Saint of prisoners, drug addicts, families and journalists

 
The Immaculata prayer by Saint Maximilian Kolbe
O Immaculata, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of   sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to  entrust the entire order of mercy to you. I, (name), a repentant sinner, cast myself at your feet, humbly imploring you to take me with all that I am and have, wholly to yourself as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death and eternity, whatever most pleases you.
If it pleases you, use all that I am and have without reserve,  wholly to accomplish what was said of you: “She will crush your head,” and “You alone have destroyed all heresies in the whole world.” Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for introducing and Increasing your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed kingdom of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus. For wherever you enter you obtain the grace of conversion and growth in holiness, since it is through your hands that all graces come to us from the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Allow me to praise you, O Sacred Virgin. Give me strength against your enemies. Amen.

Another prayer by Kolbe:

Immaculate Conception
Immaculate Conception
Immaculate One of God
Immaculate One of God
My Immaculata
My Immaculata
Our Immaculata
Our Immaculata

"Take Christ's hand in one of yours and Mary's in the other. Now even if you are in darkness you can go forward with the confidence of a child guided by it's parents."
-St. Maximilian Kolbe

This post is dedicated to a dear friend of mine and I wish her a very happy anniversary today!

No comments:

Post a Comment