Saturday, August 4, 2012


Wanted to share a prayer that was given to me yesterday and some words from our Lady. 
My mom keeps this quote from our lady of Guadalupe on the fridge so I have been reading it often. Her words have been comforting me and uplifting me and I try to hold them in my heart throughout the day. It is easy for me to forget that Mary is here with me and always ready to help and pray for me, so I am grateful for the little reminders that come my way. :)

“Let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you.
Let nothing alter your heart or your countenance;
Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain.
Am I, your Mother, not with you?
Are you not under the shadow of my protection?
Am I not you fountain of life?
Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in my crossed arms?
Is there anything else that you need?”
-Our Lady of Guadalupe 



O Mary,
bright dawn of the new world. 
Mother of the living,
to you do we entrust the cause of life
Look down, O Mother,
upon the vast numbers of babies not allowed to be born,
of the poor whose lives are
made difficult,
of men and women who are 
victims of brutal violence,
of the elderly and the sick 
killed by indifference of out
of misguided mercy.
Grant that all who believe in
your Son may proclaim the
Gospel of life with honesty and
love to the people of our time.
Obtain for them the grace 
to accept that Gospel 
as a gift ever new, the joy of
celebrating it with gratitude
throughout their lives and the
courage to bear witness to it
resolutely, in order to build,
together with all people of good will,
the civilization of truth and love,
to the praise and glory of God
the Creator and lover of live.

Evengelium Vitae~ Pope John Paul II




No comments:

Post a Comment