Monday, May 28, 2012

A Prayer and A Hymn To Mary

Found these in a great little book entitled, "Mother of Mothers, Devotions and Prayers"

Hymn:
Mother of Christ, Mother of Christ,
What shall I ask of thee?
I do not sigh for the wealth of the earth,
For the joys that fade and flee;
But Mother of Christ, Mother of Christ,
This do I long to see,
The Bliss untold which thine arms enfold, 
The treasure upon thy knee.


Mother of Christ, Mother of Christ,
What shall I ask of thee?
I will love thy Son with the whole of my strength,
My only King shall He be.
Yes, Mother of Christ, Mother of Christ,
This will I do for thee,
Of all that are dear of cherished here,
None shall be dear as He.


Special Prayer For Mothers

For a True Spirit of Motherhood

Mary, my Mother, grant that my little child may instruct me in the ways of God. Let its innocent eyes speak to me of the spotless holiness of Jesus. Let its open smile remind me of the great love God has for His creatures. Let its helplessness teach me the unbounded power of God. May its first feeble effort to speak call to my mind the wisdom of the Almighty. May its simple trust in me lead me to cherish a like confidence in God. May my love for God be stimulated by the deeprooted affection my child has for me. May I in all these things grow in a greater appreciation of my holy motherhood. Mary, I trust in you to obtain this favor for me. Amen.
Mother of Mothers, 
Pray for me!

This prayer reminds me of all the things I have been happy to learn from my children thus far about God. It is amazing how just having a little baby can open your heart to many things you didn't know or think about before, especially about God. My children have taught me more about God than most books I've read and I definitely hear Him speak to me through their lives. Children are such a blessing! Thank you God for my babies and the wisdom they hold. Help me to love and teach them as I should.

I would love to hear about some of the things others have learned from their children if anyone would like to share?

Hope all have a happy Memorial day!

No comments:

Post a Comment