Monday, May 14, 2012

Prayer For A Good and Happy Delivery

A sneak peek at some of my new Marian prayer cards.



So, as most of you probably don't know, I am going to have a baby in the next few weeks. Hurrah! I am very excited to meet my new baby :) I mention this because since I have been sharing all these Marian prayers this month and I just so happen to be expecting, I thought this would be a good prayer to share today. It is a prayer for a happy delivery and I happened to find it a wonderful book about Mary by Anne Catherine Emmerich. It is basically saying 9 Hail Marys in honor  the nine months Mary was in her mother's womb. But there is a little more to it so I will just share what it says in the book:
"I saw much of St. Bridget, and was given much knowledge of what had been revealed to this saint about Mary's conception and birth. I remember that the Blessed Virgin said to her that if Women with child celebrated the vigil of her Nativity (September 8th ) by fasting and by the pious recitation of nine Ave Marias in honour of her nine-months' sojourn in her Mother's womb; and if they renewed this devotion frequently during their pregnancy and the day before they expected their confinement, at the same time receiving with devotion the Holy Sacrament, she would bring their prayer before God and beg for a happy delivery even in difficult and dangerous conditions."
 I thought this was so neat when I read it and was happy I found it. It has been a comforting prayer to say every so often throughout my pregnancy and also for family and friends who are expecting. I hope it will be of help to anyone else who may come across it. Have to get back to house work and child rearing now. :) God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment